Many of us try to imagine what our lives will be like if and
then. Yet what is the purpose of the “if then”? Is it happiness, contentment,
peace? What purpose does it drive to? What is your end game?
Let us see if we
play the “if then” game what result are we likely to get. Begin:
If I had more money then I will be happier.
Really, why?
Because I will be able to have a better life.
Why will you have a better life?
Because I will be able to get out of debt and afford the
things, I want.
Will more money really get you out of debt or just create
new debt?
Not sure maybe
Will the new debt make you happier because it financed what
you wanted?
Probably not
So you will start back over with if I had money to get out
of this debt then I will be happier?
I guess so
So if happiness is truly, what you want, then what is it
that truly makes you happy?
That is the correct question. If we start at the end of the
“if then” statement then we truly understand what it is that we are requesting.
So now, let us start at the end. Begin:
What will make me happier?
Getting out of debt
What do you need to get out of debt?
More money
How can you get more money?
A new job, an additional job, a raise, the lottery
How would you like to get more money?
I actually would like to start my own business
So what is stopping you from doing so?
Many things… money, education, connections, time, I am not
sure it will work
Are any of those things impossible?
No
Then start
This example gets to the heart of the “if then”. Once we
figure out our end game, what it is that we really want. We can focus ourselves
on achieving that goal. It may be daunting but it is never impossible. Get to
the end of your “if then” and start from there.
Always remember to Dream Bigger!
No comments:
Post a Comment